Jobs Available Now
We’re a team focused on continually implementing the most technologically advanced drilling and testing techniques in order to constantly increase the efficiency and accuracy of field data. To maintain our success, we welcome highly motivated, ambitious and dedicated people to explore the challenging career.
- Safety, Health & Environment Culture
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Leadership & Training
- Bonus Program
- Competitive Wage & Living Out Allowance
- Benefits Package
Gregg Drilling and Testing Canada Ltd., a leader and innovator in geotechnical site investigation services, is looking for an individual to fulfill the role of Field Technician to be based out of our head office in Prince George, BC. We seek motivated, technically minded candidates interested in pursuing or continuing careers in the field of geology, mining and geotechnical engineering areas of civil engineering and mining projects.
The Field Technicians primary role is to assist the senior operations staff to conduct down-hole soil testing in-situ, primarily through Cone Penetration Testing (CPT), using various pieces of heavy equipment with integrated computer systems and additional tools, set-up and maintenance of CPT equipment and other down-hole electronic data collection systems and sampling tools.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- One (1) to Three (3) years of work-related experience in the engineering, surveying, and/or drilling industry
- Formal education in engineering and/or geology, natural resource technology, surveying, or similar, recognized by AScT or APEGBC is an asset.
- Willing to work out of town on extended project assignments throughout Canada.
- Ability to work with multiple project team members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience operating RTK Survey equipment considered an asset.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Canadian driver’s license (Class 1 or Class 3 is an asset).
For more information and how to apply, click on the apply now button to be taken to our parent company’s (Geotech) recruitment site.