Jobs Available Now
We’re a team focused on continually implementing the most technologically advanced drilling and testing techniques in order to constantly increase the efficiency and accuracy of field data. To maintain our success, we welcome highly motivated, ambitious and dedicated people to explore the challenging career.
- Safety, Health & Environment Culture
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Leadership & Training
- Bonus Program
- Competitive Wage & Living Out Allowance
- Benefits Package
CPT Technician | Prince George, BC
Gregg Canada is looking for individuals to fulfill the role of CPT Technician in our company as we continue to grow in Canada. We are looking to fill the role of a CPT operator. This role encompasses travel throughout Canada with our team of experienced operators on our rigs which entails operating heavy equipment and operating precision down-hole electronic tool systems. Adherence to safety performance and data collection is managed to the highest standards and we expect our candidates to excel in a desire to work safely and efficiently while maintaining the highest standards of quality. Our work sites cover a wide range of industrial settings, access types, and location and an energetic, goal focused team player is required to assist us in our pursuit of high-quality data collection for the Canadian geotechnical engineering community.
Experience in this specialized area of geotechnical data collection is an asset through practical experience and/or education. The CPT Technician’s primary duties will be the preparation, set-up, use and maintenance of CPT equipment and other down-hole electronic data collection systems and sampling tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all safety requirements according to Gregg Drilling and Testing Canada Ltd. HSE policies and local health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Prepare, set-up, operate and perform daily maintenance on CPT rig(s) and tooling systems used to acquire in-situ geotechnical data primarily related to Cone Penetration Testing (ASTM D5778 / ISO 22476-1).
- Travel to project work areas throughout Canada as required, staying in local hotel or camp accommodations.
- Record and transfer data from the field to the supervisory team related to all aspects of field activities on computer-based systems daily.
- Must be positive, confident and keen to develop a reputation as a team player in your role, assisting both in the field and the yard and office-based support roles between projects as may be required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years experience with industrial work settings in the resource sector.
- Willing to work out of town on extended project assignments throughout Canada.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Must have a positive approach to problems, optimistic, and team orientated disposition
- One (1) to Three (3) years of work-related experience in the geotechnical, surveying, and/or drilling industry
- Experience with CPT tools or precision survey equipment or other geotechnical sample collecting methods is an asset.
- Formal education in engineering and/or geology recognized by AScT or APEGBC is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience
Job offer expires November 30, 2020
To apply click HERE.